Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes with Strawberry Centers

Love at first bite
My family was so happy when I made these treats for them, and oh boy do they deserve it! The cold months are always roughest on us financially, and they get a double whammy with V-Day, and my birthday, all in one month.  They have been working extra hours to get me a present, a memory card for my Nook. They deserve cupcakes, and so much more, for how sweet they both are to me!

Ingredients:
1 package cupcake mix, chocolate
1 package strawberries, cleaned and hulled
1 package pudding, chocolate
Fresh mint sprigs,optional but awesome


Directions:
1. Prepare cupcakes according to package and let cool. Using a paring knife, core out a well down into each cupcake, for your strawberry to fit into. Prepare your pudding according to the package.


2. Stick the strawberry pointy side down into your cupcakes. Top liberally with pudding in lieu of frosting.


3.  Add a sprig of mint if you like.  I think it adds a certain something, and my neighbor had some growing in her kitchen and shared…but don’t go out and buy some.


4. I cut each cupcake in half and set it on a plate, because presentation is everything with these suckers. They are DELICIOUS and super easy!



I love you, *DH and *MF  and *GF 
*kisses and hugs galore*    
Now, eat a cupcake!  *shoves a cupcake into two open mouths*


This post was originally on Little Mom Saves Money. These blogs are written by the same person. This is not a copyright violation.
Creative Commons License
This work by Little Mom on the Prairie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment